If you have been looking for a safe and engaging day service program for your loved one with an intellectual or developmental disability (I/DD), we highly recommend the Opportunity Centers at RISE Services, Inc. Utah. From baseball games and fishing derbies to music therapy and picnics at the park, we do our best to offer a wide range of fun events and exciting activities for the adults we serve. Let’s take a deeper look at Opportunity Centers and how they can enhance the life of your loved ones.
What Are Opportunity Centers?
Opportunity Centers at RISE Services, Inc. Utah allow adults with I/DD to learn new skills, receive job training and assistance, be involved in their community, and have fun sharing life together. Our centers are specifically designed to support adults with I/DD with highly diverse needs, helping them lead productive and independent lives. We offer an assortment of activity and employment options to meet the preferences and interests of the individuals we serve. Plus, we allow each participant to choose the activities and events they wish to be involved in.
Activities & Events We Offer
Our Opportunity Center staff members are creative in planning and organizing events and activities for the adults we serve. They ask members for feedback on hobbies or recreational activities they enjoy, the types of events they wish to attend, and where they would like to volunteer in their community. Below are a few examples of various activities and events RISE Services, Inc. Utah has hosted through the Opportunity Centers:
- Fishing Derby at Gigliotti Pond in Helper, UT
- Comedy show in Ogden, UT
- Picnic with the Orem Police Department
- Music therapy in Orem, UT
- Fire station visit with Draper City Fire Department
- Donut Dash 5K in St. George, UT
- UVU Wolverines Baseball opening game
- Volunteering, baking, playing bocce, flying kites, and much more
Opportunity Center Benefits
In addition to all the fun and exciting adventures that take place, there are several benefits to participating at our Opportunity Centers, such as these:
- Life skills training, including cooking, doing laundry, and house cleaning
- Exercise and fitness activities with friends
- Job-based training and on-site job coaching
- Guidance from caring direct support professionals
- Community involvement
- Safe and supportive environment
Serving Individuals with I/DD & Their Families
Your family member with I/DD will enjoy our enriching and fun Opportunity Centers. Contact us today to learn more about this service and how to get involved. Transportation is available for individuals to and from the center and for various activities.